Semakula, Jerome Roy
Jerome Roy Semakula, MBChB
As a young member of this noble profession of medicine, I have set out to make a difference in this field not only by caring for the sick but also through research and contributing to the broader body of knowledge. I intend to do this through continuous learning, sharing and networking and through hard work, integrity and commitment in my practice.
- Nov 2017- Present Study Medical Officer at the Infectious Diseases Institute, College of Health Sciences on the NIHR Global Health Research Group on warfarin anticoagulation in patients with cardiovascular disease in Sub-Saharan Africa (War-PATH) study
- Jan 2016 Research assistant: Waiting time and 48-hour mortality rate among patients admitted to emergency and accident medical side of Mulago hospital. Okia Charles (MMED)
- Research assistant: Impact of focused nursing education and traumatic brain injury specific nursing chart on outcomes in moderate and severe traumatic brain injury patients in low resource setting 2015-2016. Miriam Gamble (PI), Stone Luggya
- Research assistant: Costing of Neurosurgical Services at Mulago National Referral Hospital (Kampala, Uganda) 2015 Joel Kiryabwire (P.I), Jihad Abdelgadir
- June/July 2014 Research Project –Increasing awareness and knowledge of sexually transmitted infections among adolescents of Mandela Secondary School in Hoima district